Released October 20th 2011.
- Auto-detection for Visual C++ 2011 SP1 redistributable (x64 and x86) was broken.
Released October 6th 2011.
- More translations:
- Chinese Simplified
- Portugese (89% complete)
- Compatibility shims can now disable window snapping for certain window classes.
- Unable to permanently disable window transparency.
- Installation error saying “a newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected”.
- Windows no longer snap to maximized window edges (which are a few pixels outside the monitor boundary, but hidden by Windows).
- Compatibility shims now don’t annoy you as much. The message will only be shown once per application window.
- Minor leak of user objects that could cause crashes on some very restricted systems.
- Spotify windows snap to their own shadow, so the window grows when moving.
- Very rare crash when splitting regions (1 reported case).
- Very rare crash if 64-bit subprocess crashes or is stopped (1 reported case).
- Very rare crash if registry key for setting MaxTo to start with Windows does not exist (1 reported case).
- Very rare crash if window snapping is turned off for all edge types (1 reported case).
Released December 17th 2010.
- Windows snap to other windows, monitor edges and regions. Disabled by default.
- Can now resize console windows to their maximum size that will fit within a region (but will not exactly match regions if you are not extremely lucky).
- If you choose to not download an update, you will not be notified again unless an even newer update is available.
- Updates are no longer automatically downloaded. You will have to download them after you’ve been notified.
- Focus mode can be toggled from the notification area popup menu.
- Region configuration now loads properly after a reinstall.
- Focus mode hangs on low-color RDP connections.
- Supposedly hidden windows no longer flashes for an instant when MaxTo is starting.
- Focus mode will not trigger automatically over a 8-bit color Remote Desktop Connection.
- Changing the regions now disables focus mode.
Released November 9th 2010.
- WinAMP maximizes properly through a new compatibility mode.
- Exiting the 64-bit subprocess is done more gracefully, with less opportunity for it to hang.
- Faster reaction when monitor working area changes (e.g. a toolbar or monitor is added).
- Better granularity for pushing updates (we can choose not to automatically update for point-releases).
- Fixes crash on loading certain corrupt configurations.
- Allows license codes with extra padding (spaces before or after).
Released September 29th 2010.
- Fixes license validation bug (if your license doesn’t validate, update).
- Fixes bug where Load and Save profiles doesn’t work.
Released September 28th 2010.
- Focus mode. Focus completely on one window, tuning all the other windows out.
- Minimize in region. Holding down the modifier key while minimizing a window will minimize all windows in that region.
- Drag’n‘maximize with previews. Dragging a window while holding the modifier key will maximize to the region where you drop it. MaxTo will also show you where the window will be maximized while you are dragging.
- Double-clicking a profile in “Load profile” now loads the profile
- Limits minimum region size to the smallest window size allowed by Windows.
- More detailed crash reports if something goes wrong (mostly for our benefit).
- MSI-based installer
- Fixes bugs with some very common applications (including Opera 10.50, Office 2007 and Photoshop CS4) where some windows wouldn’t display while MaxTo was running.
- Fixes a range of very rare crashing bugs reported through the crash reporter.
- Fixes bug with WinSCP that would cause crash
- 64-bit windows now maximize normally on non-divided monitors
Released September 1st 2009.
- Dragging a maximized window now restores the window’s original size.
- Quickly bring background windows to the foreground in the region you are in using shortcut keys. Default is Alt+Ctrl+PageUp/PageDown.
- You can now delete the profiles you have created yourself.
- Ignore.xml, that allows you to define window classes that MaxTo should not move when moving using the shortcut keys.
- Bug fixes:
- Fixes bug where registration information has to be reentered on upgrades.
- Fixes bug where regions on primary monitor were disabled on first boot when starting with Windows.
- Fixes rare crashing bug related to loading of configuration.
- MaxTo shortcut keys can no longer “maximize” the taskbar or sidebar gadgets.
- Fixes bug where “Fit all windows” might move windows that really shouldn’t be moved.
Release announcement is over at our company website.
Released July 24th 2009.
This is a minor update to MaxTo with the following changes, proving that we actually work during the summer:
- Monitors that only have one region will be unaffected by MaxTo (meaning windows will maximize normally on these monitors).
- Immediate detection of screen resolution changes.
- MaxTo will nag you less about registering, until the end of the trial period.
- Approximate size shown when resizing regions.
- Provides more informative error messages when:
- Hooker-DLLs can not be found or are the wrong version
- No web browser is present when web links are clicked.
Released June 24th 2009.
This is a bug fix release that fixes all the reported crashing bugs:
- Fixed crashing bug when internet connection was not present during start if automatic updates were enabled.
- Fixed crashing bug when trying to send crash report, if Internet connection is unavailable.
- Fixed crashing bug when entering wrong serial.
- Fixed bug where some settings where lost when other settings where changed at a later point.
Released June 3rd, 2009.
This is a bug fix release. It fixes an error in the parsing of serial codes.
Released June 2nd 2009
This is the first for-pay version of MaxTo, and as such many of the changes are related to serial registration.
- MaxTo is now a 30 day trial version by default, but will continue to work after 30 days have passed.
- Support for saving your own profiles, so they can be loaded quickly.
- New logo and website, that looks a bit better than the old one.
Licensing works by you purchasing a license. The license is valid for all versions published within the license period, and will continue to work for these version even after the license expires. It is not valid for updates published after the license period ends.
Released March 15th 2009.
Version 2009.03.1 has been released. This is mainly a bug fix update, with the following changes:
- Double-clicking the icon changes the regions
- Fixes bug which did not allow changing the alternative modifier key.
- “Reset regions” and the “Remove” buttons works again.
- Fixes a bug where you could not change the regions on non-primary monitors right after install.
- Hopefully catches an internal .NET exception that cannot be reproduced in the lab.
- Fixes a divide-by-zero bug that can occur if your configurations file is corrupt.
- Fixes crashing bug on computers that do not have a mailto:-handler
Released March 12th 2009.
The March update for MaxTo is here. Changes include:
- Passive and active modes let you use MaxTo in a more unobtrusive way. (Enable this in the Options)
- You can no longer disable MaxTo, but you can put it temporarily into Passive mode.
- Detects and responds properly when the screen resolution changes.
- Various crashing bugs fixed.
- About window now has version information.
- Versioning scheme changed (again) to better reflect that the version number is related to the year.
- Lays the groundwork for adding more than two configurations.
MaxTo version 9.02.1 was released today, which fixes these bugs:
- Crashes on 64-bit system without Visual Studio 2008 redistributable
- “Failed to set hook”-error when launching second instance of MaxTo
- Various crashing bugs when not running as an administrator
- Crashing bug that prevented some bug reports from being sent
MaxTo version 8.12 has just been released. New features include:
- Fixes Outlook/Word bug (thanks to Max and Dave for the reports)
- Will no longer forget regions upon reboot (thanks to Dave for making me aware of the issue)
- Pixel-perfect precision when remembering regions
- Even smaller
Version 1.1 of MaxTo is now available. Features in this release include:
- Support for moving between windows using keyboard shortcuts
- Online help
- Removed user guide