The ZIP installation package lets you put MaxTo wherever you want, but you no longer get automatic updates.
The archive contains all the files required to run MaxTo. All the files inside are digitally signed, so you can verify that they came from us.
Setting the path
If you want to use the CLI, you'll need to add the installation folder to your path. This is the recommended way to do this (on Windows 10):
- Hit + Pause/Break on your keyboard. This opens the System Control Panel window.
- In the left column, click Advanced system settings.
- On the bottom of the page that opens, click Environment Variables.
- In the window that opens, in the top half, find the variable called
Pathand click Edit...
- Click Browse... and select your MaxTo installation folder.
- Now OK your way out of all the open windows.
- Start a new instance of Command Prompt. The change will not affect prompts that were already open.
MaxTo does not work with side-by-side installs. It will only allow one version to run at a time.